Sunday, August 15, 2010

Quick Update

Just wanted to start out with a post stating where I am in my study.

I'm doing an online study with other students with both Athenaze and Greek to GCSE. In the former, we have just collated our answers for chapter 4α. In the latter, we have just done our first collation of sections 2.1 to 2.7.

I have completed chapter 2 of Complete Ancient Greek. I'm really challenged by this book already, since the vocabulary is really heavy. There were 71 vocabulary words in chapter 2 and only 17 reading exercises. I have a feeling this book is going to build my vocab quickly. I'm already being hit with words like ἀνεξέταστος "without enquiry" and ἀπαραίτητος "pitiless" in chapter 3!

I'm looking forward to really improving my Greek through the combination of these three textbooks. It might be a bit ambitious, but I really want to actually be able to claim that I can read Plato and mean it.

Today's Greek sentence:
ὁ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ.
The life without enquiry is not livable for man.

No comments:

Post a Comment